‘Cognitive dissonance‘ is the technical term when you hear or read one thing and can’t make sense of it for you know it can’t be true.
I call it ‘shock therapy’ what I go through when I accompany ‘cases’ of victims, hear their stories and provide help as best as I can. But I am far from being alone:
- this Dossier of Evidence is a collection of human outcries online – in support of our petition to the EU Parliament to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent.
- John Hemming MP has not only set up Justice for Families to help parents, he also writes articles, publishes a blog and tables Early Day Motions (EDM) in Parliament, to bring the issues to public attention.
- His latest EDM – tabled on the day we met him – is entitled International Concerns about UK Law and reads:
That this House notes that 59 people representing the embassies of over 30 different countries attended a meeting in the House to discuss concerns about the perceived failure of courts in England and Wales properly to follow Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights; further notes that previously a number of governments have formally complained to the UK about the failures of the English and Welsh jurisdiction; recognises that international concern about the operation of care proceedings in the UK is growing; and calls for the Government and judiciary to respond to this concern.
This can be used as an ‘acid test’ for MPs. Use WriteToThem.com and ask:
- Will you support all of us victims of Social Services and Family Courts and sign the EDM?
- if you don’t know yet that there is a problem, will you look at this Dossier of online Evidence?
- if you don’t know how to support your constituents, will you ask John Hemming MP for help?
- do you know that it is politically correct for gay couples to adopt children in the UK, (i.e. it can’t be challenged in Court!), whereas Putin signs law banning gay couples from adopting?
- if you think that child snatching sanctioned by family courts has nothing to do with paedophilia, would you look at LEAH McGRATH GOODMAN and HAUT DE LA GARENNE – the only journalist banned from the UK – because of her interest in the children who disappeared from Jersey – another EDM tabled by John Hemming MP?
- if you don’t want to believe foreign embassies representing foreign nationals, would you believe this barrister who fled to Israel because of her problems with Barnet Social Services?
She writes to Ian Josephs, the business man with a law degree from Oxford who gets up to 10 phone calls a day asking for help:
Michelle Freedman, a barrister with 10 years experience representing parents in the family courts writes: ”Clients are like lambs to the slaughter. Every client I met filled me with sadness (except of course in cases where there was obvious abuse and not in the Local Authorities’ and court’s interpretation of the word). I would sit with desperate mothers and / or fathers with their eyes wide open in worry repeatedly asking me what I thought the outcome to the case would be. How to relay to the client that the reality is that the children will most likely be made subject to care orders and ultimately adopted. How to tell the client that we are merely going through a kangaroo court process whereby the majority of children are taken from loving parents once the machine (i.e. the court process) has been switched on.
Throughout proceedings clients would genuinely believe that ‘justice would prevail’ and the courts would see that the children are better off at home with mum and dad. As any other barrister, and for good reason, I told parents that there is no certainty in proceedings…. I did not have the heart to crush their spirits from the outset. I truly believe that we are living in tragic times at the moment.”
If you haven’t signed yet, would you consider adding your signature to our petition to the EU Parliament to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent? The rest is clicking and googling – to dissolve the ‘cognitive dissonance’ for making sense…
Source: Punishment without Crime