| By Gary Stamper
“Fukushima: Your Days of Eating Pacific Ocean Fish Are Over At the Very Least”
The heart-breaking news from Fukushima just keeps getting worse
a LOT worse
it is, quite simply, an out-of-control flow of death and destruction. TEPCO is finally admitting that radiation has been leaking to the Pacific Ocean all along. and itâs NOT over
I find myself moving between the emotions of sorrow and anger.
It now appears that anywhere from 300 to possibly over 450 tons of contaminated water that contains radioactive iodone, cesium, and strontium-89 and 90, is flooding into the Pacific Ocean from the Fukushima Daichi site everyday. To give you an idea of how bad that actually is, Japanese experts estimate Fukushimaâs fallout at 20-30 times as high as as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombings in 1945
Thereâs a lot youâre not being told. Oh, the information is out there, but you have to dig pretty deep to find it, and you wonât find it on the corporate-owned evening news.
- An MSNBC article in April of 2012 reported that seals and polar bears were found to have âexternal maladiesâ that consisted of fur loss and open sores, obvious signs of radiation burns from the Fukushima meltdown, despite the conclusions of the article.
- Fukushima radiation appears to be causing an epidemic of dead and starving Sea Lions in California and the FDA has refused to test for radiation
- Since the summer of 2011, U.S. scientists have observed several dozen living and dead Pacific Ocean marine mammals with a strangely similar condition of skin sores and hair loss. These animals may be suffering from â beta burns,â which are caused by significant external exposure to âbeta emittersâ such as radiostrontiums, which were released in copious quantities to the Pacific Ocean at Fukushima Daiichi in 2011
- .Almost a third more US West Coast newborns may face thyroid problems after Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Contaminated water from Fukushima reactors c ould double radioactivity levels of US coastal waters in 5 years âWe were surprised at how quickly the tracer spreadâ
IS THE PACIFIC OCEAN FOOD CHAIN DOOMED? May 2013 Incredibly worrisome levels of cesium, including short-lived radioactive cesium-134, have been found near Hawaii in the LOWEST part of the marine food chain: plankton. Levels up the food chain, i.e. fish, whales, seals, due to bioaccumulation, MUST be magnitudes higher in contamination now or soon stop eating Pacific wild seafood now Researchers find high cesium in some Pacific plankton
SEAFOOD LOVERS ACROSS THE WORLD The âlevelsâ of radiation in the seafood you are eating now and in the future certainly contain Fukushima radiation but will be considered âsafeâ by government scientists. Letâs boil it down quickly: Scientists say the only safe level of radiation is zero. YET, governments set âlimitsâ for radiation in food well above zero. These limits actually increase every decade or so. If you love nuclear power and nuclear weapons complexes, then you should accept these limits as well as the fact that a fraction of our cancer epidemic is blamed on nuclear emissions. If you donât want people (or yourself) to die of cancer to preserve nuclear power and nuclear weapons, then you should heed the scientific consensus conclusion that the safe level of radiation is zero becquerels of anything. Unless you are a nuclear nut, please protect your own health and regulate your genetic stability for the sake of your children, grandchildren, etc
by NOT EATING SEAFOOD OR CONSUMING ANYTHING MADE IN THE SEA. Learn more about food safety.
KEYPOINTS ABOUT FISH CONTAMINATION
- Bluefin tuna will grow in radioactivity over years with each migration back to West Pacific; older caught fish will be hotter
- Media is neglecting March (2012) lab study find that North Pacific albacore âtuna fishâ has same Fukushima cesium contaminant
- All Pacific migratory fish are probably Fukushima contaminated why isnât this all over Twitter?
- Alaska Halibut also found with same Fuku-cesium contaminant but did not migrate to Japanâs waters. How did cesium-134 get into Alaska halibut?
- Bluefin tuna in 2012 study arenât all equally radioactive; sample #8 contained 50% higher cesium concentrations than the average of the 15 samples
- Bluefin scientists did a most non-stellar job. They cherrypicked isotopes for dose comparison.
- FDA is telling media and consumers it is âtesting fish.â It is testing imports and not testing U.S.-caught wild seafood (billions of pounds caught annually in U.S.) More
- Cesium-134 is marker for strontium-90 causes bone cancer and immune-disorders; babies are âspongesâ for calcium and strontium
- Levels in bluefin tuna are similar to record food concentrations in 1960s
- ECRR (Busby) predicts â61,600,000 deaths from cancerâ (and 3.5 million baby deaths) âfrom the nuclear project since 1945,â mostly the 1960s.
- Bulk of 1960s exposure was internal, largely from ingested FOOD made radioactive from hydrogen bomb test fallout.
- FDA saying levels are safe is a lie. FDA says its intervention levels will kill people. Downplays risk as âsmallâ compared to our ~40-50% cancer rate. But much of that rate is prolonged fallout effects from 1960s.
- Baseline levels of manmade-radionuclides in Pacific seafood pre-Fukushima caused some genetic defects and cancers in world population
- FDA uses faulty dose calculations that lowball rate of cancer carnage by several magnitudes. Genetic harm from cesiumâs gamma rays ignored in dose models
- Alvarez asks would a 1950s NPR âtrivializeâ âimpacts of open-air hydrogen bomb testing?â You bet. Our government and media is herding us into rail-cars destined for another radioactive holocaust.